Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Festival of Homiletics: Monday Impressions


  • Central Lutheran Church rocked the hospitality in terms of making sure we knew where to go, felt comfortable in the space, etc. But, dudes...do not require me to go to registration before going to worship. It makes me feel like you think I don't belong.
  • Where the young people at?
  • No. Seriously. Where the young people at?
  • There are no young people in the program either? (For real. Nobody under 40.)
  • It was amazing to watch how the congregation acted during worship, especially with regards to seating. I watched a couple pace up and down and aisle twice, looking for seats. There were at least three rows of people who could have just scooted a little closer together to make room. Neither the people sitting nor the people looking for seats made any attempt to try. Hospitality isn't just for greeters, yo. This is especially terrifying when I consider that most of these people are probably pastors.
  • Where are the people of color at?
  • Central Lutheran is BEAUTIFUL. I could stare at that vaulted ceiling all day long.
  • Wait. Did I see a young person? Nope. Just someone wearing a bright jacket.
  • Making new homiletical friends is as easy as yelling "Brueggemann!" in a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment